2018 Annual Report
It’s a real pleasure being able to share some of Menter Caerdydd’s highlights with you this year and to raise a glass and say “Penblwydd Hapus/Happy 20th Birthday Menter Caerdydd!”
Some of our highlights include the increase in our provision of Welsh medium social events and activities for children, young people and adults across the city including:
- · 30 clubs for children between 2-12 years old
- · 1,237 children enrolled in our activities
- · 150 activities for babies, young children and their parents
- · Free Welsh language story time sessions provided in 7 Cardiff Libraries
- · 400 children each week during school holidays in our full day childcare scheme.
Record breaking year for Tafwyl with over 40,000 people attending the festival to enjoy a feast of music, literature, drama, comedy, arts and sports in the iconic Cardiff Castle.
Thanks go to Cardiff Council, the Welsh Government, the Arts Council of Wales, For Cardiff and the National Lottery and for their financial support to our services.
We will build on our firm platform and develop a new Corporate Plan as we look ahead to 2019 and beyond.
Menter Caerdydd will continue to play a central role in promoting and offering opportunities to expand the use of the Welsh language in our communities across the city whilst supporting the main priorities of the Welsh Government’s strategy of reaching a million Welsh speakers by 2050 and Cardiff Council’s Bilingual Cardiff Welsh language strategy.